Monday 23 July 2018

Tardy Terrain



Yes, I’m still here! The weather’s been too nice for hobby stuff recently, as BBQs and paddling pools have trumped gaming days and painting sessions.

However I have found time to paint up a bunch of bits from last year’s Mantic Terrain Crate Kickstarter, which came up with the goods recently. Giles persuaded me to chip in a few bob, which netted me a Dungeon Debris set, together with a horse and cart and a few pieces from the Treasure Room set.

You can read Giles’ review of the stuff here, and see some more painted examples here.


This stuff is what I call street furniture – all nice and ruined after centuries beneath the ice. Notice I’ve included the horse, cart and associated baggage in this too.


More ruins of the stone variety. The skulls came separate, so I glued them on to some of the bits (minus the one I dropped on the floor and can’t find).


Some nice piles of treasure and armour to tempt the unwary. In hindsight I wish I’d have gone for the Wizard’s Lair set too, which would’ve served me well for any forthcoming Maze of Malcor scenarios, but obviously it hadn’t been published then!


Some more loose bits turned into spare treasure tokens (allowing me to experiment with painted on floor tiles). Also an alternative Giant Rat model in the form of a rat swarm (again these came loose with the terrain). Anyone who’s read Terry Pratchett’s The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents will know the inspiration behind this model.

Not the best photos I’m afraid - the colours of the pieces vary subtly in real life and they look less monochrome - but hey ho... Right, where did I put my Super Soaker..?

No comments:

Post a Comment